Advice on running queries
I'm really enjoying using Quirkos.  However, I'd appreciate your advice on running queries and extracting data.  

When I run a query on properties, such as type of document,  or say gender, the results list all the quirks with highlighted text.  When I click on a quirk, I can see the quotes.  I'd like to be able to run a report that so that I can look at the quotes for that particular quirk.  For example, if I'm looking at type of document - interview transcript - and looking at the quotes for a quirk called 'barrier', I'd like to be able to run a report that shows that the quotes for 'reluctance' across all interviews.  I've tried to do this, and the resulting report does not seem to reflect the quotes shown on the screen.  

Can you advise please?
Hi Linda,

Think we have sorted this over the phone, but just to confirm:

We will add 'Quirk' and 'Source Name' as a property in the query view to make the queries more flexible, as well as add a 'Copy All' button here.

The report from the query should just contain the quotes limited by the query, but note that the summary statistics at the top of the report are from the whole project.

Hope this helps,

Daniel
(03-05-2017, 09:39 AM)daniel Wrote: Hi Linda,

Think we have sorted this over the phone, but just to confirm:

We will add 'Quirk' and 'Source Name' as a property in the query view to make the queries more flexible, as well as add a 'Copy All' button here.

The report from the query should just contain the quotes limited by the query, but note that the summary statistics at the top of the report are from the whole project.

Hope this helps,

Daniel
(03-05-2017, 09:39 AM)daniel Wrote: ...

Hope this helps,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I had a similar desire to the one Linda described with wanting to use a Quirk/code as a property in a query. I see in v1.5.2 that "Source Title" shows up in the drop-down list, but not "Quirk Title".

Did this not get implemented for some reason? 
Could we see it in a future version any time soon?
Just curious about the status.

Sincerely, 
Ryan
(23-09-2018, 12:21 AM)rabaksa Wrote:
(03-05-2017, 09:39 AM)daniel Wrote: ...

Hope this helps,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I had a similar desire to the one Linda described with wanting to use a Quirk/code as a property in a query. I see in v1.5.2 that "Source Title" shows up in the drop-down list, but not "Quirk Title".

Did this not get implemented for some reason? 
Could we see it in a future version any time soon?
Just curious about the status.

Sincerely, 
Ryan
Hi Ryan,

We've added the source title, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to add quirk name, since the query results only show from one quirk only.

We are planning to add functionality in the next release to show the properties and sources by Quirk, which will show you how many sources have been coded to a quirk, and what their properties are (eg age / gender).

Hope this helps,

Daniel
(12-10-2018, 01:25 PM)daniel Wrote: ...
We've added the source title, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to add quirk name, since the query results only show from one quirk only.

We are planning to add functionality in the next release to show the properties and sources by Quirk, which will show you how many sources have been coded to a quirk, and what their properties are (eg age / gender).

Thanks, Daniel,

Yes, it would definitely help to have easier ways of seeing properties and sources by Quirk. I'm looking forward to that.

However, I fail to understand why you say it doesn't make sense to add "Quirk Title" as a query field, because viewing result from a single Quirk is exactly what I was trying to. Or more specifically, to compare code applications for pre- and post-course essays for each Quirk without the visual clutter of all the other Quirks. Since Quirks sort by frequency rather than name in the query view and every Quirks display every time (even those with zero hits), it can be difficult to find ones you are looking for. If "Quirk Title" were an option, one could easily find and focus on the one of interest.

I was able to work around this by assigning Levels to my Quirks since "Quirk Level" is a query field, but it added more work and proved a bit awkward since Levels are harder to see, access, change, and maintain.

Sincerely,
Ryan