Quirikos crashing
I've opended Quirkos this morning, just after starting up my laptop.  It worked for a few minutes and then I received a message to say that it had crashed.  When I tried to reopen it and the project I'd been working on, I got a message to say that the project was open in another session.

I encountered the same experience several times last evening and I'm wondering how to overcome this.  I'm running Quirkos on Windows 10.

Any advice or suggestions to explain what's happening and how I can overcome this.
Hello,

Sorry you are having problems here:

Firstly, if Quirkos ever crashes, it is safe to ignore the 'File already open message'. This is shown because the project did not get closed properly, and unless you are trying to open the file multiple times at once, it is safe to continue.

The two things that most often cause crashes in Quirkos are:
  1. Saving on a remote network location. If this is too slow, or the connection is unstable, Quirkos can crash, or will not open the file. We always recommend saving to your computer's local hard drive or a USB stick.
  2. Backup software trying to copy the project while open. If a service like Dropbox or Time Machine tries to create a backup while you have the project open, it can cause a crash as Quirkos is constantly saving to the file. Please make sure these services are off for the folder or file you are using while Quirkos is open.
If neither of these cases apply, please send as much information as you can (operating system, and a copy or screenshot of any crash messages) to support@quirkos.com and we will investigate!

Thanks and apologies again,

Daniel
(21-11-2016, 11:26 AM)daniel Wrote: Hello,

Sorry you are having problems here:

Firstly, if Quirkos ever crashes, it is safe to ignore the 'File already open message'. This is shown because the project did not get closed properly, and unless you are trying to open the file multiple times at once, it is safe to continue.

The two things that most often cause crashes in Quirkos are:
  1. Saving on a remote network location. If this is too slow, or the connection is unstable, Quirkos can crash, or will not open the file. We always recommend saving to your computer's local hard drive or a USB stick.
  2. Backup software trying to copy the project while open. If a service like Dropbox or Time Machine tries to create a backup while you have the project open, it can cause a crash as Quirkos is constantly saving to the file. Please make sure these services are off for the folder or file you are using while Quirkos is open.
If neither of these cases apply, please send as much information as you can (operating system, and a copy or screenshot of any crash messages) to support@quirkos.com and we will investigate!

Thanks and apologies again,

Daniel