New Course! Prepare and begin Qualitative Research
This two-day course takes you through the fundamental processes of qualitative research, including;
· Setting up a qualitative research project
· Gathering interview data
· Transcribing, coding, analysing and managing data (with and without software)
· Writing and reporting research
Led by Dr. Cathy Gibbons, this course will prepare you to start your qualitative research project with confidence, whether you use Quirkos or not. Instructors will use a lively workshop style to help you engage in demonstrations, discussions and tasks that are part of the qualitative research process.
By the end of the course you will have:
· An understanding of the fundamental principles of qualitative research methodology, including epistemology
· Seen demonstrations of the research process in action, using Quirkos
· Used practical tasks and examples such as interviewing, transcribing, coding and analysis, and research management from a real project on qualitative researchers lives
· Understanding of the benefits and limitations of using Computer Aided Qualitative Data Analysis Software
· Reflected on how you will approach your own project in the light of new understanding
· The skills to begin using Quirkos for your own qualitative research tasks
This course is for anyone new to qualitative research or curious about Quirkos. Wherever you are based, we look forward to meeting you!
Course will run 29th-30th July 2021, 9:30 - 16:30 UK time
Registration is now closed
Please note, attendance on both days of the course is required! Full instructions will be emailed to you two days before the course starts, including how to download a free trial version of Quirkos for use in some of the course tasks.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions